Thursday 23rd May
6pm - 8pm
WeWork - 5 Martin Place, Sydney
Teens are Facing REAL ISSUES
Parents need REAL ANSWERS
At a time where parents can feel overwhelmed and powerless to address issues such as sex, dating, relationships and pornography there is a huge amount parents can do.
This parents night aims to address the intimate questions that parents have while empowering them to be an influential presence in their children’s lives.
How to parent your child through a sexually saturated society.
• The truth behind media, marketing, and advertising and how it can affect young people.
• Sexting, apps and the online world; the secrets parents need to know.
• Pornography; what you need to know as a parent • The effects of poor sexual decision making.
• Rites of passage; your teen's journey to
• The major challenges teens are facing.
Did You Know?
• The average age of a young persons first exposure to pornography is 11 years of age
• 1 in 5 young people struggle with an eating disorder
• 54% of students reported receiving a sexually explicit text message
• 26% reported sending a sexually explicit text message
David and Katie Kobler are a husband and wife couple who are the leading youth speakers across Australia and New Zealand specializing around the topics of sexuality and relationships.
They have spoken to over 250,000 teens, parents, and teachers in live audiences and have a mission to turn taboo topics into everyday conversations. They have been featured in print, radio, and TV media, and are highly sought-after communicators.
David has a bachelor’s degree in theology and Katie is finishing her postgraduate diploma in psychology. They both have an extensive background as youth workers and have been working with teenagers for over a decade.
They are passionate about consistently furthering their understanding and education, working hard to stay up to date with the latest research around the topics that are affecting young people.